Thursday, April 17, 2014

Prepping for Italy

Welcome to my blog "History of Rhetoric."  It's not my first blog, but it's my first trip to Italy -- ever!  As you can see from the flyer, it's a course offered by Texas A&M International University.  I am beyond thrilled to be going.  When I first saw this flyer, all my chakras clicked into place.  They sent a message to my brain, and that message was "YES! I can do this!"



Even the books for the class are exciting.  Here is a list of what we have to read for the course.


  1. The Nature of the Gods (Oxford World's Classics)
  2. The Divine Comedy: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso (Penguin Classics)
  3. The Canzoniere
  4. The Sophist
  5. Timon of Athens
  6. The Art of Rhetoric 



Starting in June, look for photos, musings, a-musings, and commentary on literature, and the excitement of studying in a foreign country.  Until then, check out my other pages.






No comments:

Post a Comment